I started this yesterday, but if you are reading this you are required to comment below giving us three things that you are thankful for.
Andy Katz had an article on the Gopher's White/Mbakwe/Bostick situations. Basically it comes down to this (according to Katz).
- Bostick will return for the Miami game.
- Mbakwe could be back soon as they expect the case will be dropped
- White's situation is a bit touchier and Tubby is making the decision if White will remain with the program.
"He's dealing with some things emotionally and mentally,'' Smith said. "But shoplifting, you can't get around that one. Royce is going through a legal situation with shoplifting. I'll make a decision if he's going to be a part of this program or not.''
That does not sound good for White, hopefully he gets things straightened out. This is more than just basketball, he needs to get his life figured out and then hopefully he'll be able to help out Gopher hoops.
- DonniePuck is dabbling a bit in Gopher hoops.
- This is a must-read article on what the Wizard of Odds is predicting for the future of college sports. The online revolution will affect Universities. "This is happening while universities appear to be as unaware and unprepared for this revolution as the music, travel and newspaper industries were before being crippled by the Internet age." Who knows how accurate this is but it is worth a read.
- Myron has a big update regarding the Mbakwe case. The defense seems to have a lot of evidence in their favor This story coupled with the Katz story above seem to support the notion that Mbakwe will back sooner rather than later.
- Sticking with the STrib, here are the top 5 storylines for the 76 Classic.
- Yahoo's The Dagger previews the Gophers and has them as the #16 team in the hunt this year.
- Myron is getting a few links today, but this was also interesting. The AP college basketball poll has taken away any votes that used to reside in the state of Minnesota. We only have one D1 school so we don't get a vote, nevermind that we have a Big Ten and top 20 caliber school.