Gopher Volleyball is garnering the lead today as they have advanced to the NCAA Regionals. This past weekend the Gopher women defeated Louisville and Tennessee. Up next they are hosting the Regionals and will face Colorado State on Friday at 7 pm. Kentucky and Florida State will face off in the early game.
Minnesota should be favored in the Colorado State game but Florida State is the #4 overall seed and therefor is the favorite to make the Final Four.
- Gopher hockey continues to struggle, especially on Friday nights. It is really hard to believe the Gophers are sitting this far down in the standings.
- Alright, here is some football related content. Rittenberg gives his first take on the Insight Bowl game. He points out that the Insight typically is very high scoring, but this year should be very different.
- Gopher baseball has released their 2010 schedule. The DQ Classic is always a great event with quality teams. This year Oklahoma State is the marquee name to go along with Loyola Marymount and Northwestern. The Gophers will also head to Alabama for a three-game set.
- These are a few days old but here Myron discusses how this Gopher team is lacking a finisher / true scorer. Marcus talks about the Nolen/Westbrook fight that lead to their benching in the Texas A&M game.
- The Star Tribune staff previews the Insight Bowl.