Did we win a national championship or something? Why else would there be fires and dangerous riots in Dinkeytown? Spring Jam was the excuse for partying that got WAY out of control. Here are some of the highlights...
- 9:00 AM - parties begin
- 5:00 PM - residents begin reporting parties get raucous
- 8:00 PM - street bonfire begins on 1300 block of Seventh St.
- 10:56 - riot Police arrive
- 11:08 - pepper spray is used
- 11:10 - Police use concussion grenades !!
- 12:00 AM - activity calms down, many officers leave the scene
- 12:35 AM - street fire resumes
- 12:45 AM - concussion grenades are in use again
- 12;50 AM - arrests are made, fire is put out
What a crazy situation. Kids these days just can't seem to handle their alcohol. Turns out many are being evicted and some may face expulsion.
- We have Cal on the schedule this fall. If you want to get a jump on what the Bears are all about check out California Golden Blogs' recap of the Spring Game.
- Ohio State also had their spring game and had what was very likely the smallest crowd to watch a football game in the Horseshoe all year. ONLY 95,000+ people came to watch.
- Tom Buske was named Co-Big Ten Pitcher of the Week.