I hope many of you will join me in telling U President Robert Bruininks that it is NOT OK to sell alcohol only to patrons at TCF Bank Stadium who pay enough to be in "premium seating" areas.
But no matter what one might think about alcohol at sporting events, I think it's unfathomable that we'd have two sets of rules for different types of fans. This is basically Bruininks giving those of a higher socio-economic status the opportunity to watch a game with a beer.
And don't think this impacts me. It doesn't. I live out of state. But having one set of rules for people who can afford a more expensice seat and another set of rules for everyone else, well, that strikes me as bullshit.
- The Bleacker Report ranks Tim Brewster as the ninth best coach in the Big Ten. I'm not going to quibble with their rankings and think they had fair and honest things to say about Brewster.
- Hockey News is looking forward to the NHL draft and has an item on Minnesota's Jordan Schroeder.
- I mentioned the other day that Penn State coach Joe Paterno would like to see the Big Ten have a playoff and potentially expand. Well, SI's Andy Staples picks up on that and provides three potential scenarios for expansion. He suggests the scenarios are Missouri, Notre Dame or a Big East team join the conference. I'd still like Nebraska I think, but that's probably not happening.
- In passing, Andy Katz suggests Dan Monson is "reviving" Long Beach State.
- Perhaps Tim Brewster's first big recruit while in Minnesota, his son Clint, is now headed to Tennessee Tech.