- Tubby Smith's Gopher basketball team will be facing Miami in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on December 2.
- This analysis of the PAC-10 predicts that California, an early opponent for Gopher football, will have a strong year.
- Another blogger gives his take regarding the Gophers' upcoming 2009 football season.
- Adam Rittenberg of ESPN's Big Ten Blog has some nice links regarding the old Memorial Stadium.
- MGOBlog reports that Seantrel Henderson probably won't visit Michigan.
- Meanwhile, Henderson continues to enjoy playing basketball.
- Brock Lesnar, a standout wrestler for the Gophers, returns to his professional wrestling antics following his latest ultimate fighting match.
- Tim Brewster confirms that both Tramaine Brock and Hasan Lipscomb will not be on the 2009 roster. Hasan Lipscomb will be enrolling in junior college, and has plans to eventually enroll at Minnesota.
- The Sporting News predicts that the Gophers will be the 50th best college football team in America next year: "Of course, after going 1-10 in 2007, a 7-6 record and a bowl berth should be reason for celebration at Minnesota, no matter how much things deteriorated at the end. And with 18 starters back, there's no reason to think the Gophers can't continue to make progress."
Golden Nugz 7.17.2009
By Buck Bravo
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.