- Tubby Smith's replacement at Kentucky, Billy Gillispie, was apparently arrested for a DUI:
- The Big Ten scheduling has resulted in Minnesota not having a bye week. Brewster chimes in at this link.
- A blog at this link predicts a 2-10 season for Minnesota.
- Buckeyes Gameday predicts that Eric Decker and Traye Simmons will be on the All Big Ten Conference Team.
- The Daily Iowan previews the Gophers' difficult schedule and growing pains as Tim Brewster rebuilds the program:
Former University of Kentucky basketball coach Billy Gillispie was arrested early Thursday in Anderson County. Lawrenceburg Police said Gillispie was pulled over in a white 2009 Mercedes with Texas tags around 2:45 a.m. on US 127 after someone reported seeing the car driving erratically. Gillispie was arrested and charged with DUI.
The Gophers can only hope to get off to a start comparable to last year. After beginning the season 7-1, Brewster's squad went 0-5 down the stretch, including Iowa's 55-0 undressing of Minnesota to close out the Metrodome for good.