- The Kansas City Star published an article about the opening of TCF Bank Stadium that highlights the significance of this event:
The man parked in front of the stadium, got out of his car, gazed up in wonder and let out a fist-pumping, "Yeah!" The woman couldn't stop crying because she was attending a football event on campus. The father and son tossed a football on grassy spot just outside the stadium. Snapshot moments for Scott Radecic, the principal in charge of the Populous design team on the project, came from a soft opening of TCF Stadium during an August scrimmage. Just think of the memories that will be created beginning Saturday when Minnesota officially opens its new football stadium with a visit from Air Force.
- Ben Ramsden of the Pioneer Press' Gopher Shack floats the possibility that President Obama could have a great public relations opportunity if he shows up for tomorrow's game. After all, he will be in town. IT IS AN IMPOSSIBLE STRETCH, BUT HOW ABOUT AN AIR FORCE ONE FLYOVER?
- Listen to Tim Brewster discuss the new stadium in a radio interview replay at this link.
- SBN blog Mountain West Connection has an in-depth preview of the game, and predicts an Air Force victory.
- Penn State blog Nittany White Out predicts a 23-20 Minnesota win at this link.
- Jeff Around at Golden Gopher Football Blog predicts that not only will the Gophers win, but they will also beat the continually shrinking three point spread.
- Tim Leighton of the Pioneer Press has a great in-depth article about 2010 Gopher commit Jimmy Gjere.