(1) Let's start with the most recent AP ballot of Doug Lesmerises, of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. My vision may be wrong, but this guy has Houston ranked above Florida, has BYU ranked #3, Michigan ranked #6 (even I think that's 19 places too high right now), Miami (FL) and UCLA at #11 and #12, and Ohio State at #25. Brother me. This is evidence that all polls should be eliminated.
(2) Congratulations to the Gopher womens volleyball team, which is ranked #9. If you're in Denver this weekend, go see them play Oregon Friday, and Georgia Tech and Denver on Saturday.
(3) A great article from Youngblood at the Strib about the Gopher linebackers, who will be key for a victory this weekend against Cal.
(4) Here's a nice place to start to learn some about Cal. You'll see #3's link liberally quoted, as well as more information about Cal's demolition of Eastern Washington, or Western Eashington, last Saturday.
(5) Hat tip to Play 4 Brew.com, but the Barber brothers were both successful in scoring TDs this past Sunday. Marion scores TDs on a regular basis for the Cowboys and Dom was able to house a fumble for the Texans as well. Not very often you see that, congratulations to the Barbers.
(6) And, finally, I hope to God Rivalry, Esq. isn't right about the Gophers, literally, selling out last Saturday.