It's time to start really getting ready for Cal. I had a post started recapping my TCF inaugural game experience but time has gotten in my way and it is not nearly finished. And since we are much closer to the Cal game than the Air Force game, let's look forward.
- This Examiner article has quotes and notes from Cal Coach, Jeff Tedford's press conference. As has been reported all over the Bears are coming to Minnesota a day early. Nobody's sure if it will help Cal and their road woes, but everyone seems to think it can't hurt to try.
- The MN Daily previews the Cal game.
"It’s not about plays, it’s about players," Brewster said. "It’s not about schemes; it’s about the players that execute those plays."And the player we should most fear is Jahvid Best who is averaging over 10 yards per carry.
- With a great running game like Cal has, our linebackers will be a major key to slowing this rushing attack down. Marcus Fuller highlights the Gopher linebacking corp.
- Offensively the Gophers need to be more consistent if they want to score on Cal. Kent Youngblood says the offense is looking to avoid the roller coaster.
All Pac 10 Blog previews the game. One of them says a 20 point Cal win and the other thinks the Golden Bears by 21. Have they not heard about Cal's road struggles?
- ESPN's Pac-10 blog also takes a look at the upcoming game.
- I was fortunate enough to do a Big Ten Network podcast yesterday talking about the new stadium and previewing the Cal game a little. The podcast is below.