It is getting frustrating to watch the Gophers unable to score and slip further and further, not only in the conference standings, but also into a pit of irrelevance. And I'm not talking about basketball! If Gopher basketball fans were starting to feel their season is slipping away, how do Gopher hockey fans feel?
After playing a respectable 7-2-1 over their last ten games, St. Cloud State swept the home-and-home series this weekend. Gopher hockey is barely relevant in the WCHA, nevermind the NCAA. Currently sitting in seventh place, just one point ahead of Alaska-Anchorage, Gopher hockey is really struggling right now.
Donnie Puck gives us the cold, hard facts. This one sticks out...
The team is much closer to ninth place (+5 points) than fifth (-7 points), which would qualify them for home ice advantage in the WCHA's first round playoffs
WCHA blog recaps the weekend. Minnesota tops the list of what wasn't so good.
- In case you missed it last night, the Vikings fumbled away the NFC Championship game and the Saint's go marching on. If you want to vent some frustrations or blame things someone be sure to go over to The Daily Norseman for a great Vikings community.
- Somehow the Gophers cling to life in SBN's latest Bracketology. Bracket can be found here showing that we are a 10 seed and on life support. We have struggled recently but the schedule now is set up to give us an opportunity to win a handful of games and get the season back on track (even without our starting PG).
- The puzzle pieces are missing for Tubby Smith. This season could have been so much different.
- A nice MN Daily piece on the finances of running a D1 athletic department.
- Finally, Jimmy Gjere recaps his experience at the US Army All-American game.