There are a few good links hanging around the interwebz this afternoon that I thought y'all might enjoy.
First of all Jack McCallum of SI sums up exactly how I feel about the whole "Gopher Two" controversy.
I'm not defending Brewster, his actions post game or his tenure as the head coach of my Golden Gophers. But that was just wrong for Brett Bielema to gopher two in that situation. And if you have the balls to gopher two in that situation then be a man and admit that you were running up the score. Don't hide behind the coach's card lameness.
- Twinkie Town argues for not firing Gardy and uses Tim Brewster as exhibit A.
- Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette is ratcheting up the pressure on Joe Paterno. The PSU offense is really bad and this game looks more winable than it did a few weeks ago.
- Rich Rodriguez has a lot of people who are not fans of his as well. Amazing how just one loss gets people talking.
- Roman takes a look at the age of the Gopher Hockey roster. A lot of freshmen but they are older than your typical freshmen.
- Marcus suggests the Defensive Line needs to turn up the pressure. This is VERY true of our ends, but statistically our tackles have played alright.
- Lastly, Rittenberg has his mid-season review of the Gophers.