After streaking through the finish line and into first place in the final standings the Gophers fared well in the Big Ten end of season awards. GopherSports.com article on your Gopher award winners can be found HERE.
Coach of the Year - John Anderson
John Anderson led Minnesota to its 22nd overall Big Ten title and first since 2004. The honor is the fifth of Anderson’s career, as he also received top accolades in 2000 and in three straight years from 20002 to 2004. Under Anderson’s guidance, the Golden Gophers ranked among the Big Ten’s top three batting average (.327), slugging (.480) and on-base percentage (.399) and led in ERA (4.25) and opponents’ hitting (.278) in Big Ten play.
- 1B - Nick O'Shea- enters the Big Ten Tournament batting .342 with 13 home runs, 55 RBI and 39 runs.
All Big Ten Second Team
- OF - Mike Kvasnicka - enters the Big Ten Tournament batting .346 with 44 runs, seven home runs and 45 RBI
- SP - Seth Rosin - enters the Big Ten Tournament at 7-4 with a 4.74 ERA and has 82 strikeouts in 87.1 innings
- SP - Phil Isaksson - entering the Big Ten Tournament, Isaksson is 5-1 with a 3.50 ERA and 52 strikeouts in 74.2 innings
All Big Ten Third Team
- C - Kyle Knudson - entering the Big Ten Tournament, Knudson is batting .332 with five home runs, 39 RBI and 16 doubles
- SP - T.J. Oakes - entering the Big Ten Tournament, Oakes is 4-3 with a 3.82 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 73.0 innings pitched
- RP - Scott Matyas - entering the Big Ten Tournament, Matyas is 3-1 with six saves, a 2.63 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 27.1 innings pitched
All Big Ten Freshman Team
- SP - T.J. Oakes
Most impressive is the fact that all three starting pitchers were among the top nine pitchers in the conference.