Some quick links.
As part of the commemoration of the final CWS in Omaha’s Johnny Rosenblatt Stadium, the NCAA and College World Series, Inc., have announced the official College World Series Legends Team. Former Golden Gopher Dave Winfield earned a spot on the 28 man squad.
Yesterday was a day of commitments for a couple Gopher sports.
- Tubby got his PG in this class. Maverick Ahanmisi did in fact commit last night and will be a Golden Gopher this fall. You can read here a little of what I wrote about Maverick (what a great name) the other day.
- Tim Brewster added a late commit to his 2010 class. JUCO linebacker, Raymond Cottman will be here for the 2010 season. 6-1, 225 from Glendale Community College. Check out GopherIllustrated for more information coming soon I'm sure.
- Gopher baseball is hosting Michigan this weekend at the HHH Metrodome. It is going to be a crappy weekend so you should pack up the family and head back to the Dome for some indoor baseball with the Big Ten lead on the line. MGO has a little preview which is mostly a Q&A with me.
- TCF Bank Stadium tours are now available. For those of you who have not seen the ginormous locker room, the palatial press box or been on the hallowed turf of The Vault this is your opportunity.
- Rivalry ESQ has moved on to Wisconsin week and they have a nice rivalry post today on the Gophers and Wisconsin. Check out their Keeping the Enemy Close series today.