Gopher football is getting closer and closer. Who doesn't love this time of year when optimism trumps all.
- The Gophers scrimmaged on Saturday, which wasn't available to the media, but here is a very brief recap of the scrimmage. Brewster says we played well on both sides of the ball but there is room for improvement.
- Speaking of scrimmages, Saturday morning will be a scrimmage open to the public. I am excited to see how so many different players progressing, should be fun.
- Dan Orseske is the talk of the local papers. Dennis Brackin talks about Orseske here and Marcus wonders how good he'll be here.
- Brandon Kirksey was in a boot recently, but nobody seems too alarmed. Marcus has a great article on the hard times Kirksey faced as a youngster and how that shaped him into the leader he is today on the Gopher defense.
- You can get started here with a little primer on Middle Tennessee State.
- No links but if you are looking for two true freshman who may be making an immediate impact I'm starting to think it will be Donnell Kirkwood and James Manuel. Manuel has been talked about by several other Gopher publications and Brewster has mentioned several times that he is physically impressive. Sid even said he may be pushing to start. And listening to Brewster Saturday morning on WCCO he was asked about the three freshman running backs. Brewster started by saying they are all doing fine and finished by saying Kirkwood has stepped up more than the others.
CALLING ALL COLLEGE FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYERS! We need more members for the TDG college fantasy football league. E-mail me if you are interested (firstname.lastname@example.org).