Congrats to 10 of the 12 Big ten teams who made bowl games this year, a new record for conference teams in the postseason. There are some interesting matchups and for once I think there are enough favorable matchups that the Big Ten might win some games.
- Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs. Oregon - I'm really looking forward to this one.
- Sugar Bowl - Michigan vs. Virginia Tech - I think this will be a BCS win for the conference
Capital One Bowl - Nebraska vs. South Carolina - Interesting B1G vs. SEC
- Outback Bowl - Michigan State vs. Georgia - battle of conference championship game losers.
- Insight Bowl - Iowa vs. Oklahoma - OU didn't live up to expectations but this is not a good matchup for Iowa.
Gator Bowl - Ohio State vs. Florida - now THIS is a fascinating matchup with the Urban Meyer angle
- Meinke Car Care Bowl - Northwestern vs. Texas A&M - a Big 12 opponent for now, but they must have SEC speed.
- TicketCity Bowl - Penn State vs. Houston - Houston went from possible BCS bowl to playing the most cancerous team in all of the NCAA
- Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl - Purdue vs. Western Michigan - not a thrilling matchup but congrats to Purdue.
- Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl - Illinois vs. UCLA - I don't care who Illinois was playing, I'd pick them to lose.
On to the Nugz on this
fine cold Monday morning.
- Gopher Hockey with a two win weekend again...finally.
- Tom Powers thinks that this Gopher basketball team is downright loveable.
Gopher hoops killed USC on a Saturday game that went almost completely unnoticed.
- Interesting that it was the Gopher defense that fueled win.
- LA Times recaps the Gopher win.
- The Rochester Post-Bulletin looked for the positives from the Gopher Football season.
- Finally, Congrats to Nick Bjugstad for being named the national player of the month.
- Finally, Gopher Volleyball won their first two rounds in the NCAA Tournament and have advanced to the regional, that they are hosting.