Not much going on in Gopher Nation this week. At least not compared to the really big news in Minnesota sports this week. I know you are all talking about it at work and with your friends. One Minnesota franchise that is desperately trying to make a move from an afterthought to a playoff team with a chance to win in the postseason. You know what I'm talking about...
Timberwolves Lynx just drafted Maya Moore with the #1 overall pick in the WNBA Draft. Now with Seimone Augustus, Lindsey Walen and Rebekkah Brunson this just might be the start of a championship (I looked at the stats, what do I know).
- Oh, and the Wild fired Todd Richards. Be sure to check out Nothern Wilderness for plenty of fan reaction.
- Gopher Hockey gave out their end of season awards.
- BIG SHOCKER! Michael Floyd will be able to play football this fall.
- Big10Rant wonders if Kill can make the Gophers relevant again. I sure hope so, at least I feel like he's doing things the right way. Doesn't guarantee success but I like our chances.
- This has nothing to do with the Gophers but it was an interesting post on the state of college football from Burnt Orange Nation.
- Another non Gopher related post but it is really good. It starts with a funny look at the Auburn / Alabama rivalry and spins into the dos and don'ts of striking the Heisman pose.