Sid had an interesting nugget today from Tubby...
Gophers basketball coach Tubby Smith admits he might be too lenient about keeping the door open for players to return after they consider entering the NBA draft. Take the case of junior center Ralph Sampson III, who has applied for the draft but can withdraw. Smith has more than one outstanding player who wants to transfer to the Gophers, and most coaches would tell Sampson to make up his mind now so Smith can get the transfer and not lose him to another school. But that's not Smith's way. So Smith will wait until next week to find out what Sampson is going to do.
An outstanding transfer you say? Don't tell that to some of our loyal commenters, they won't wait for the door to hit Ralph on his way out to the NBA undrafted free agency.
- No surprise here but Rittenberg has his post-spring power rankings and the Gophers land at #11 (out of 12 now).
- Roman breaks down the 2011-12 Gopher Hockey schedule.
- This is old but I love rivalries.
- FBT looks at the offensive recruiting needs for Gopher football.
- Gopher Hockey picked up a commitment from the USHL.
- The Minnesota Daily talks about incoming Gopher recruits and how they desire to return Gopher Hockey to where it belongs. Interesting that 7 of the last 10 Mr. Hockey's signed with the Gophers, the other three were probably born in Wisconsin or something.
- Another Minnesota Daily article, this one on Adam Weber's desire to land with an NFL team and be given a chance to compete.