While this is a quiet time in Gopher Nation, things are still hot for other Minnesota teams and things are looking up for some of them.
The Twins are HOT and Twinkie Town is covering every hot corner of Target Field.
This is a big week for the Timberwolves. Last week they finally signed Ricky Rubio and this week they have to decide if they are keeping their coach and then what to do with the #2 pick in Thursday's NBA Draft.
The Wild also have an important draft later this week. Hockey Wilderness has the new coach and the draft covered.
- I went to the Star Tribune looking for links and instead found a bunch of new adds that covered the whole page basically everywhere I moved my mouse. Yuck!
- The first to commit to the Gopher's 2012 class, Andre McDonald, had decommitted. The Hopkins receiver tells GopherHole that Minnesota is still in the mix, but this is never a good sign. He is planning to camp at Iowa and Ohio State soon.
- Rivals.com ranks the Gophers as #102 in their preseason rankings. We are right behind Washington State.
- North Dakota is fighting a huge uphill battle against the NCAA and they are losing. If only they had a powerhouse football team like Florida State, then maybe they could keep their politically incorrect nickname.
- Black Heart Gold Pants looked at the best and worst Big Ten teams over the last 10 years. The good news is that not one Gopher team was one of the 10 worst, not even the 2008 Gophers.
- The SBN Conference Re-Draft is finished with it's first two rounds. No surprise that it was a football heavy first couple of rounds. Football = money so that's why you don't see Duke or any Big East conference schools in the first couple rounds. Hopefully now you will see some of the conferences try to distinguish themselves a little and soon there will be names for each of the new conferences.