I am sure that some of you are rather excited about the release of EA Sports NCAA 12 on Tuesday. EA has had their teambuilder site available for a while now with each team's rosters. I took the time to go player-by-player and fill in the names so we have a complete Gopher roster. My team can be viewed here with the rosters and each player rating below.
The table, with plenty of comments and caveats (or where EA screwed up) below...
|Pos||#||Player Name||Rating||Pos||#||Player Name||Rating|
|QB||5||MarQueis Gray||78||LE||97||Anthony Jacobs||79|
|QB||16||Tom Parish||65||LE||91||Kendall Gregory-McGhee||67|
|QB||10||Max Shortell||61||RE||49||Matt Garin||74|
|QB||13||J.D. Pride||57||RE||95||D.L. Wilhite||72|
|RB||23||DeLeon Eskridege||83||RE||93||Ben Perry||58|
|RB||22||Duane Bennett||79||DT||68||Jewhan Edwards||79|
|RB||20||Donnell Kirkwood||66||DT||96||Brandon Kirksey||78|
|RB||29||Lamonte Edwards||62||DT||90||Austin Hahn||71|
|RB||25||Devron Wright||59||DT||65||Eric Jacques||67|
|FB||44||Ed Cotton||66||DT||98||Ra'Shede Hageman||65|
|FB||87||Sahr Ngekia||56||DT||56||Josh Tauaefa||56|
|WR||6||Da'Jon McKnight||83||LOLB||26||Mike Rallis||78|
|WR||81||Xzavian Brandon||78||LOLB||43||Ryan Grant||73|
|WR||84||Victor Keise||71||LOLB||50||Jephete Matilus||60|
|WR||89||Quentin Gardener||61||MLB||51||Gary Tinsley||88|
|WR||88||Devin Crawford-Tufts||65||MLB||55||Brendan Beal||66|
|WR||83||Ge'Shun Harris||68||MLB||57||Quinn Bauducco||62|
|WR||1||Brandon Green||67||ROLB||4||Keanon Cooper||83|
|WR||82||AJ Barker||68||ROLB||8||Spencer Reeves||74|
|TE||85||Eric Lair||81||CB||11||Troy Stoudermire||78|
|TE||86||Collin McGarrry||65||CB||14||Kyle Henderson||78|
|TE||47||John Rabe||58||CB||21||Brock Vereen||71|
|LT||58||Ed Olson||74||CB||5||Johnny Johnson||63|
|LT||66||Jimmy Gjere||69||CB||36||Chase Haviland||58|
|LT||71||Joe Bjorklund||67||CB||35||Marcus Jones||51|
|LG||68||Chris Bunders||83||FS||9||Christyn Lewis||76|
|LG||77||Matt Eggen||65||FS||6||Michael Carter||71|
|LG||61||Luke McAvoy||60||FS||7||Tyrone Bouie||56|
|C||69||Jacob Glickstein||78||SS||24||James Manuel||73|
|C||52||Zac Epping||64||SS||40||Nathan Tow-Arnett||62|
|RG||79||Johnathan Ragoo||64||K||43||David Schwermer||68|
|RG||67||Tommy Olson||61||P||41||Dan Orseske||74|
Gopher official roster (for reference)
- MarQueis Gray's speed is rated a 90 so he should be able to net you a lot of yards on the ground. Send your receivers on fly routes and if the defense is in man coverage you should be able to get 20+ yards!
- The offense has four players with a rating above 80. DeLeon Eskridge, Da'Jon McKnight and Chris Bunders have a rating of 83. Eric Lair is rated at 81.
- Joe Bjorklund (67) and Devin Crawford-Tufts (65) are the two highest rated incoming freshmen on the offense.
- Maybe the most surprising is that Moses Alipate does not appear to be on the EA roster anywhere. The other guys were pretty obvious and the only sophomore QB on the EA roster was a 6-0, 190 lb scrambling QB. Maybe they were referring to Alipate but I'm pretty sure that was meant to be J.D. Pride.
- Jacob Glickstein is starting at center? The problem is Ryan Wynn is listed as the starting RT. He should obviously move to the interior and Jimmy Gjere should move from backing up Olson at LT over to RT.
- Johnathan Ragoo at guard is kind of funny too.
- Xzavian Brandon is the #2 recevier? I would have assumed that Brandon Green would have earned that distinction but according to the EA roster #1 is 6-0, 190 lbs and that corresponds to Brandon Green according to the Gopher roster. I guess this makes some sense considering Green was injured last year. They also screwed up his eligibility making him a senior rather than a junior but it isn't surprising that there are some outliers.
- Lastly, there are a number of guys who are listed as sophomores who really should be redshirt freshmen. Matt Eggen, Tom Parish, Donnell Kirkwood and others on both sides of the ball.
Gopher official roster (for reference)
- The big story with the defense is people missing. No Dwayne Mitchell, no Brent Singleton, no Stephen Montgomery, no Aaron Hill, no Harold Legania, no Leston Simpson and no Kenny Watkins.
- Gary Tinsley (88) and Keanon Cooper (83) are the best defensive players on the roster.
- Michael Carter as safety is wrong but I think having the expectation that someone at EA knows exactly where every DB plays on the Gopher roster is a bit much to ask.
- Quinn Bauducco is the highest rated defensive freshman with a rating of 62.
- other than that the defense wasn't too bad.
Fun to have the player ratings available, but I'm really looking forward to getting the game in my hands on Tuesday.