There are a lot of Gopher related links this week, but none may be bigger than the announcement about the redesign of Gophersports.com and their new partnership with the CBSSports.com College Network.
The University of Minnesota Athletics Department is extremely excited to partner with CBS Interactive," said Jason LaFrenz, Associate Athletics Director for External Relations. "We believe that joining the CBSSports College Network will keep the Golden Gophers on the cutting edge when it comes to online technology. With this new endeavour, it is our mission to make GopherSports.com the model for all Official Collegiate Websites moving forward."
Personally I loved that previously we were not a part of the CBSSports.com College Network, I found our site to be easier to use than the majority of other Big Ten school's sites. The new partnership does look a little cleaner and will allow them to do more things to earn revenue like better streaming capabilities and a better photo/DVD store.
When someone can tell me how to view an old football schedule, please let me know. I can see the current schedule and any future schedule but if I want to look at the box score from the 2010 Iowa game, I'll have to go to ESPN.
- Marcus features MarQueis today and focuses on his new leadership role.
- Dr. Saturday is profiling USC during the Pac-12 week.
- Phil Miller takes a look at a couple of recent commitments for Coach Kill.
- Marcus discusses why Andre McDonald really should stay home and be a Golden Gopher. If he sticks around, Kill absolutely slayed Minnesota recruits this year.
- The College Hockey Blog ranks Minnesota #13 for next year.
- Maize n Brew previews the Wolverine schedule. They predict a Michigan win, not surprising. They also believe that we have a huge hole to climb out of after the Tim Brewster experiment failed. What I don't think they realize is they are in a mighty deep RichRod hole as well.
- Get out and vote for either Rodney Williams or Trevor Mbakwe in the Big Ten Powerhouse Slam Dunk contest.
- Pirsig discussed his commitment over at GopherIllustrated. This requires a subscription, and if you have a subscription then you probably already read it. If you are not, this might be a good time to pay the $9.95 per month.
- Finally, this is a great read. The boys at Tomohawk Nation discuss the stat of "stuffs" (Tackles for losses minus sacks). Surprisingly the Gopher defense from last year ranked 31st nationally in stuffs.