A ton of links after a busy Gopher sports weekend. Unfortunately it wasn't a winning weekend for the major Gopher winter sports.
- Hockey lost to Notre Dame 4-3 and it wasn't really that close. The Irish led 4-1 late in the third period when the Gophers blitzed two goals in less than a minute to make it close.
Gopher Puck Live recaps the loss in the US Hockey Hall of Fame game.
- SB Nation Minnesota also recaps the loss highlighting the erratic play.
- Gopher Basketball also lost this weekend and has dropped to 0-4 in the Big Ten.
- There are a ton of problems with this team and there is no shortage of solutions available. But there is not doubt that it is time to be more than concerned.
- Chip Scoggins is on record that it is time for a coaching change and a chance for a rebirth of the program.
- The Gophers are clearly lacking in senior leadership from their one remaining senior on the roster, Ralph Sampson III.
- Marcus points out that dating back to last season the Gophers now have a 9-game Big Ten losing streak. With a trip to Indiana up next I'm not holding my breath for that streak to be ending.