Summer is unofficially here and that means Gopher football is just around the corner. The Vikings are having some OTAs, the Gophers will be hosting some camps very soon and before you know it August will be here with fall camp leading up to the Labor Day trip to Vegas (for the Gophers, not me, unless loyal readers chip in to send me to the game!).
- Rashad Vaughn, playing for Net Gain Sports had a great tournament in Dallas leading Net Gain to the championship. This from Rivals.com correspondent Eric Bossi, "(Vaughn) really put himself on the map with his performance over the weekend and he cemented his place among the top wing prospects in his class with a masterful performance of his own during Aaron Harrison's eruption. While Harrison was going off for the Houston Defenders, Vaughn pumped in 27 of his own during Net Gain's one-point semifinal win."
- I enjoyed this article from Chip Scoggins on the retirement of Gopher soccer coach, Mikki Denney Wright. Denney Wright left her dream job, the one she had been working towards for years, to be home with her children.
- GopherSports.com looks at all of the former Gophers playing in the NHL and how they fared this past season.
- HockeysFuture.com looks at the top 10 drafted NCAA Forwards and there are three Gophers in the top six! Nick Bjugstad needs to come back to lead the Gophers to an NCAA title next year!
- GopherSports.com is featuring "Timeline Tuesday" where they will remember a significant moment in Gopher sports history. Yesterday they remembered the Willie Burton led Gophers who upset Syracuse and advanced to the Elite Eight in 1990.