More start times have been announced for Gopher football.
UNLV - 10:00 PM - on CBS Sports Network
New Hampshire - 11:00 AM - BTN
Western Michigan - 11:00 AM - BTN
Syracuse - 7:00 PM - BTN
Iowa - 11:00 AM
Northwestern - 11:00 AM
These are the start times that we know. Four 11:00 am game, which I know some people do not like but personally I like getting started early. I don't like waking up and having to wait half of the day for my game to start. These games still give you the afternoon and evening to do something on a Saturday. But it isn't ideal for tailgating.
- BTN's Dienhart interview's Matt Limegrover. Interesting stuff and a must read.
- Gopher junior pitcher, TJ Oakes was drafted in the 11th round by the Rockies. Last year he was drafted MUCH later and chose to return for another season. This year will require more deliberation. Oakes was the only Gopher drafted and with only four seniors on the roster next year "should" be a big improvement for Gopher baseball.
- The Illinois Nike Camp saw two Minnesota kids perform very well against some of the Midwest's top high school football players.
- FBT has uncovered that Dwayne Mitchell is transferring to Nichols State. He maybe isn't "breaking" the story but he found the rumor and I'm linking to his story on it because that is where I saw it first.
- Kyle Rau's first goal as a Golden Gopher is #10 on Gophersport.com's countdown of the Top 10 Moments of the season (video is below).
- ESPN looks at Minnesota's most important game. They chose Iowa, which I think I completely agree with. If you are looking to get bowl eligible this one is huge (along with Syracuse, Northwestern, Purdue and Illinois). But this one carries bragging rights along with it.
- EA Sport's NCAA 13 will soon be out and the early team ratings are leaking out.
- Not Gopher related but this link from The Dagger is pretty interesting. He interviews Loyola Marymount's official scorekeeper to get stories of trying to keep score in the Paul Westhead run-and-gun era.