9 days until football. Reminder, the game is on a crappy sports tier only channel so if you aren't going to the TDG Viewing Party (and you should unless you're a lame MN expat like me) you'll want to add the channel to your cable or satellite package if you haven't already done so.
Not a ton of Gopher related links that came out yesterday so this is a quicker Tuesday Nugz.
- Phil says that UNLV still hasn't picked a starting QB.
- The team meeting room at the Gibson-Nagurski complex got a cool facelift:
- Some facts you may not have known about how the Golden Gophers nickname. The one I never knew that I love?
In fact, in 1934, in support of the Gophers football national championship team, the Minnesota State Patrol changed their colors from grey to maroon and gold -- and never switched back.
Gopher previews, the world through the eyes of a QB, and funny NFL memes after the jump...
- Looking the other way, SB Nation's Bill Connelly offers his preview of 'Cuse.
- Gopher related Twitter accounts you should be following if you aren't already.
- A Wisky blog interviewed FBT.
- Wisconsin's turkey necked leader faced some pushback after his Twitter announcement of Danny O'Brian as the starting UW QB. The Twitterverse seems to have doubts about BB's QB development strategy.
- Kentucky lets us all see what it's like to be their QB via a helmet cam:
- Appalachian State head coach Jerry Moore is trolling Michigan. He held a press conference simply to celebrate the 5 year anniversary of his program's win over the Wolverines.
- Central Michigan debuts some new duds. They are not terrible at all.
- Oregon has new uniforms. The sun also rose in the east today.
- Do you like GIFS? Then you should be following the SB Nation GIF tournament.
- The fine folks at Daily Norseman bring us news of a new NFL Memes site. Here are my 3 faves:
- College themed Pop Tarts have arrived.