JUST 8 DAYS FROM GOLDEN GOPHER FOOTBALL!!! Thursday is going to be brutal. We'll have to sit through the workday waiting for kickoff, then we'll get home and still have 4 or 5 hours before kickoff. But then we will all meet to watch the game together, into the wee hours of Friday morning. Should be fun!
- ESPN has their Best Case / Worst Case scenarios for the Gophers this season. I think most everyone believes that best case is a bowl game, Rittenberg however gives 9-3 as the upper limit for Kill's Gophers.
A week later, Minnesota brings home the bacon yet again as it records its third consecutive win against Iowa, its longest win streak in the series since 1998-2000. Gray racks up 400 yards of total offense and vows after the game to name his next son Floyd. Kirk Ferentz goes vegan.or worst-case?
Things begin with a thud in Vegas, as a UNLV team that went 2-10 in 2011 beats the Gophers on a two-point conversion with no time remaining. The night before, Bellagio officials call animal control after spotting Goldy trying to swim in its famed fountain.LOVE IT!
- Yahoo! looks at the top 10 Minnesota Football traditions. I'm not sure we have 10, but you can read it anyway.
- FBT has a very good rundown of the freshman class and what you can expect as far as who plays and who redshirts. I'm not convinced that Maye plays, particularly if Jones and Harbison are both healthy all year, but maybe I'll be wrong.
- Phil Miller profiles Harold Legania.
- A Peoria paper previews the Gophers.
- File this under "What the HELL?" Minnesota State - Mankato's head football coach has been put on leave pending child porn allegations. The man has a wife, three kids and has built a successful D2 program. Unbelievable...moving on.
- SB Nation's NCAA Football preview of Syracuse.
- Running back is about the only mystery on the offense at this point. Nate Sandell takes a look at the position that will likely be handled by many. Marcus Fuller profiles Donnell Kirkwood as one who has had a very good camp.