This is the best nugget I have read all summer. Yesterday I mentioned how the Gopher's offseason program was a set of teams put together to develop competition. Phil Miller gives more details of the system and gets Brock Vereen to talk about the player draft.
"First overall was Dave Ramlet, our long snapper," Vereen said of the sophomore walk-on from Appleton, Wis. A surprising pick? Not at all. In addition to being 6-2 and 240 pounds, Ramlet is enrolled in the Carlson School of Business. "He's awesome in school, in the classroom" as well as in the weight room, Vereen said. "There's a lot of strategy to this. For the summer, it's a lot more about academics, and not getting in trouble."
Who would have guessed.
- Marcus Fuller continued his Q&As with Gopher coordinators. This time Tracy Claeys talks about his defense. And here is part 2 of the interview which focuses a lot on Brendan Beal.
- Here Fuller talks about the Gopher receivers. Marcus Jones had a lot of very nice things to say about the incoming freshmen.
- Amelia Rayno gives us an update on Rodney Williams from Howard Pulley.
- Keanon Cooper has been oft talked about recently as a leader on the Gophers. Players really started looking to him after the Tinsley death. The STrib has a nice profile piece on Cooper.
- Northwestern blogger, Lake The Posts asked me a few questions on Gopher football.
- The Lincoln Journal Star previews Minnesota.
- Lastly, remember the contest that the University was running for a chance to win a trip to Vegas for the Gopher game? Well they have narrowed things down to their final list of entries. You can go here to vote for your favorite. Of course, if any of these videos are from TDG regulars let us know.