Tim Brewster is making headlines for himself again. This time it is over some recruiting tactic on Twitter. The wide receivers coach just can't help but get himself some press.
Of course Chris Kiffin and the Ole Miss Athletic Director have tweeted that this is completely false. Which means it is probably true, just not true until after National Signing Day. But recruiting is a dirty business, this stuff goes on all the time, just not usually quite so public.
- Black Shoe Diaries has their first Big Ten Hoops Weekly.
- The Gophers face UNLV again next year and the Running Rebels have a new offensive coordinator.
- MGO Blog looks back at the Wolverine's win over the Gophers. One admiresTrevor Mbakwe a little and the other should not be viewed if you are squeamish, plenty of Michigan dunking pics/gifs.
- So Gopher Hockey had a decent weekend.
- Any questions about this year's goaltending have been answered by Wilcox.
- SBN's WCHA blog recaps the weekend series.
- Roman also looks at the weekend series with a number of notes.
- Back to hoops. In the event that the Gophers are unable to reel in Tyus Jones, they are also in pursuit of Josh Perkins. He is a 4-star, top 50 recruit out of Colorado with offers from Arizona, Colorado, Denver, Gonzaga, Kansas, Stanford and Minnesota (among others who have offered or are interested). We absolutely need a point in the next class so the net should be cast wide in case you don't win the Jones sweepstakes.