When and Where:
2:30 PM CST; Michigan Stadium; Ann Arbor, MI
TV: ABC/ESPN2 (Which one you get depends on where in the country you live. Coverage maps aren't out yet)
Here is an early forecast:
4-0. Sounds good right? Well.........if you ignore the poop stains from their near loss performances at home against Akron and on the road against UConn you'd be right. That said, 4-0 is still 4-0 and the Wolverines are coming off a bye weekend.
The Michigan offense is living and dying on the legs and arms of Devin Gardner right now. That's not a fun position to be in given the fact that his stat line against Akron/UConn includes numbers like 52% completion rate and 2 TD's vs 5 INT's. The running game is being powered by Gardner and running back Fitzgerald Toussaint, who is averaging 4 YPC and just under 80 YPG. Jeremy Gallon is THE receiver right now, as he averages 5.5 catches, 82 yards, and 1 TD per game.
The Michigan defense has struggled to defend inferior teams, which would give me more joy if I felt we had the offense to take advantage of any "playing down to the opponent" behavior on the part of Michigan.
1) Where art thou passing game?
Seriously, we need to see one Gophers. Quick.
2) Gameplan, gameplan, gameplan.
I would not be surprised to see the Gopher defense keep the team in this game early. The question is, will we come out and execute an offensive gameplan that plays to the team's strengths and identity and that will ideally give them a fighting chance going in to halftime?
3) Little Brown Jug
If I was a Gopher player and I won this, I would definitely reenact this scene from the Simpsons:
More from The Daily Gopher:
- Minnesota Football: The Actual Uncomfortable Questions
- Minnesota Football: The Monday Perspective on Gopher Scheduling and Getting Better
- Minnesota Football Recruiting: Everett Williams Commits
- Gopher Basketball Recruiting: Richard Pitino Picks Up First Commitment to Class of 2014 with Josh Martin
- Minnesota Volleyball: Ashley Wittman Earns Big Ten Defensive Player Of The Week