I want to dwell on the Nebraska win for one more day before we finish hump day and move on for good.
The last time we beat Nebraska was 1960. Want to know what was going on the last time we beat the Cornhuskers?
- You know, things like segregation and the Soviets shooting down our spy planes and the very first study that linked cigarette smoking with heart disease.
- Psycho and The Apartment were 2 of the top movies in 1960.
- The Andy Griffith Show, Bonanza and My Three Sons were your favorite TV shows.
- A few of the top songs of 1960? Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, a couple of Elvis Presley songs and Let's Do the Twist.
- The US reached 85 million television sets. Almost 1 for every 2 American. Today we average 2.5 TVs per household (with just under 120 million households with a TV).
Let's get going with some Nugz...
- Corn Nation has their report card up from the Minnesota game. It is not a passing grade.
- SB Nation has a shocking recap of the Neb/Min game.
- This was CN's Post Game Suicide Prevention Thread.
- Craigs List ad looking for a defense.
- And the Tunnel Walk of Shame looks at who is really to blame for the state of Nebraska Football. Certainly worth reading as it hammers more than just the coaching staff.
- Crimson Quarry looks at the illustrious history of Indiana v Minnesota.
- OTE grants David Cobb the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week honors.
- You know this already but Reid Travis is going to announce his decision next Friday.
- KARE 11 piece on the players and coaches wanting to make Jerry proud.
- Mo Walker is slimmer in body mass, but is gaining in responsibilities on the floor.
- Local story on Rashad Canty who visited Minnesota last week.