The Pride On Ice will resume their rivalry with the most annoying team in
Canadian Juniors the WCHA the NCHC in 3 seasons:
The most prolific rivalry in college hockey returns during the 2016-17 season as the University of Minnesota and the University of North Dakota have agreed to terms on a two-year deal that will renew a rivalry dating back to 1930.
The Gophers will host North Dakota for a two-game series in 2016-17 at Mariucci Arena and then travel to Grand Forks for a road series in 2017-18. Dates for both series will be determined at a later time.
Cue the cries from Grand Forks about "too scared to play us" and "scaredy Goofers" and blah blah blah.
The Good News:
- MOAR RIVALRY HATE: I'm excited because I've always enjoyed the intensity of the HATE.
- Momentary quieting of the crybabies. Maybe.
- High quality non-con opponent.
The Bad News:
- Rau won't be around to chirp, get the goons in the box, and then troll their fans with goal celebrations.
- World napalm shortage. Seriously, if you're looking to increase your napalm supply I'd recommend you do it now before Erik T buys it all up in preparation for the next trip to Whioux land.
WHAT DO YOU THINK TDG?
More from The Daily Gopher:
- Minnesota Football: The Daily Gopher Hangout Celebrates The Big Win, Hoosier Week, & Gopher Hockey
- Minnesota Football vs Indiana: Game Time, TV Schedule, Online Streaming and Other Info
- Gopher Basketball Recruiting: Carlos Morris Commits to Gophers
- Minnesota Football: Models and Bottles! - Indiana
- Minnesota Football: Big Gopher Win Over Nebraska Means I'm Still Happy