Jerry Kill and his battle with seizures this year got more press, this time from the Washington Post's John Feinstein. This is a well-written article that touches on the touchy subjects (without cheap-shots) and looks at the difficult questions facing Teague.
Clearly, Teague isn't thinking that way. "I think he's an amazing coach," he said. "He knows what has to be done for us to have success. Most of his staff has been with him forever, and when these health issues happen they're almost seamless in the way they deal with it. His players love him. We all want him to coach here for a long time."
So far it appears as though Teague is 100% behind Kill. I would say that missing 6 out of 20 quarters this year is getting to be a higher percentage of missed gametime than in other seasons and is significant. But much like The Monday Perspective pleaded for patience with the Kill Era, we should let this season play out with his health.
- Saturday morning the Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota issued a statement on Kill's health.
"The difficult reality is that epilepsy is a complex neurological disorder; getting and maintaining seizure control can be difficult and can change over time. The Foundation supports Coach Kill and his family, as well as the 60,000 people and their families in MN and ND who live with epilepsy. The challenges that seizures present are all too familiar for many families dealing with epilepsy."
- Executive Director Vicki Kopplin
- The Star Tribune has a piece with former Kill players giving their support.
- ESPN 1500's Derek Wetmore weighs in on what he thinks Kill should do. I only link because I liked this line.
Kill has nothing to prove to me. He's demonstrated his toughness. Under his watch, the Gophers football team has taken small steps in the right direction to salvage the program from the dumpster-fire state Tim Brewster left it in.
- In case you missed it the Gopher soccer team upset #7 Penn State. These women have a 9-3-1 record and helped freshman goalkeep, Tarah Hobbs to earn B1G Defensive Player of the Week and Co-Fresman of the Week.
- Amelia looks at the various lineup possibilities for Gopher Hoops.
- Jeffrick has been looking at the Gopher Hockey team with a couple previews up. Goalies and Defensemen.
Gopher Hoops Recruiting News - there never seems to be a shortage of recruiting news this year with Gopher Hoops. I guess having 3 of the best players in the country in your backyard and a new coaching staff that
- Tyus Jones visited Baylor and got to feed bears.
- The class of 2014 has Henry Ellenson, brother to Wally, who is a top 50 player in the country. Gopher Hole interviewed him.
Lastly, you have to get these pants! I know they've been mentioned around here but they are seriously sweet.
Dockers Gameday Pants are your perfect below the belt gameday gear for those of you who do not prefer Zubaz. Also available in khakis.