The holiday week is a tough one for a blogger. When you travel you lose the ability to blog like you do at home, often forced to use a computer that doesn't have the same capabilities or programs. You've got family obligations that rank above writing time. And if you're me, you also get sick. Because why not.
My point? Well, this long list of excuses is supposed to explain my failure to complete a Game Day Vitals post earlier in the week. I wasn't too worried about this oversight until I saw this on Twitter:
It was then I resolved to correct my error immediately, so that any of you who were still under the impression that the game was at 7pm could be enlightened. After all, you need time to decide what kind of "appointment" you had to leave the office early for or come up with a creative excuse to give Uncle Ralph as to why you're missing dinner.
So, in case you were not yet aware here is the buried lede:
THE GOPHERS PLAY AT 5PM CST ON ESPN
Here's the more traditional version:
Opponent: Syracuse Orange
When and Where: 5 PM CST; Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX
Internet: WatchESPN for your computer or mobile device.
Line: Minnesota is favored by 4.5 as of right now.
Here is an early forecast:
Why is this not as simple as DOME? Because of this:
I mean, ok, it's really still DOME since any weather that would negatively affect the game would immediately result in the roof being closed. So maybe the forecast is DOME WITH A CHANCE OF SHADOWS?
Series Record: 3-1 Minnesota, with the Gophers winning the last 3 in a row.
6-6 (4-4 ACC). Based on what I've read and heard, I think Cuse fans reaction to this season can be summed up as:
I'd be happy too. As you've probably gathered by now, the Orange are similar to Minnesota in that their defense is better than their offense. From the Troy Nunes crew I've deduced that their run defense is fairly stout (very stout depending on who you talk to) and their pass defense is...well...
It's really bad I guess. I'm sure there are stats backing that up, but I'm running out of time to complete this already delayed post so I'll settle for the GIF as proof.
1) Minnesota will win, but I think a blowout is unlikely. Philip Nelson? That's your cue to complete 65% of your passes en route to a Gopher blowout.
2) The Gophers will win at the LOS. This will allow them to pull away for a 7-10 point victory in the 4th quarter.
3) I like people sometimes. Troy Nunes raised $44,444 to send 1400 kids to the Texas Bowl. That's just great work.
- Minnesota Football: Rival Blogger Q&A with Jared Smith from TNIAAM
- Big Ten Football: The Gopher Gnomes Present The Twelve Days Of Snarkmas!
- Minnesota Football: Gophers Lose Rodeo Bowl - Tommy Olson Wins My Award For Awesomeness
- Minnnesota Football: TDG Hangout Goes Bowling with Our Syracuse Friend
- Gopher Football Q&A: Perception of the Gophers around the B1G