80 days will Gopher Football and DCT is today's poster-boy.
It hasn't exactly been an distinguished career (yet) of game-changing plays while racking up impressive stats (yet). But this highlight is worth watching again as a key play in the Gopher's 2011 win over Iowa.
On to the Nugz...
- Gopher Hole has a list of 2015 Minnesota players to watch. My personal favorite is the QB from Blooming Prairie. You can never have too many Awesome Blossom's on your team.
- Red Wing's Republican Eagle had a short Q&A with coach Kill.
- Gopher baseball had a couple pitchers drafted last weekend. Tom Windle went to the Dodgers at 56th overall. D.J. Snelton went in the 9th round to San Francisco.
- Gopher Illustrated's Ryan Burns gave his predictions for the 2014 Gopher Football recruiting class. This requires a subscription (which means if you have one you've probably seen this, if you don't then you cannot view this; I believe a subscription is worth it here).
- Wally Ellenson, and others, was a 1st team All-American after the NCAA Track and Field Championships. The Gopher forward finished 8th overall in the high jump.
- This isn't Gopher news but Indiana baseball became the first Big Ten team to advance to the College World Series in Omaha for the first time since Michigan in 1984! In this case, I will cheer for the Big Ten. I read several quotes throughout the season that this was the best and deepest Big Ten baseball has been in years. Maybe things are turning around after a couple minor rule changes and big facility upgrades for teams around the conference.