Per a report from 1500ESPN's Nate Sandell and confirmation from the team spokesmen, Andre McDonald has been officially reinstated to the Gopher roster:
After being suspended in December and later dismissed from the team for "violation of team policy," the Gophers have reinstated McDonald, a team spokesperson confirmed on Tuesday.
McDonald's tweet also points the return, not that an official statement isn't good enough:
A former high three star prospect and heavily recruited Hopkins (MN) stand out, McDonald was suspended indefinitely for the Meineke Car Care Bowl practices and missed all of spring practice while tackling a "personal issue" according to head coach Jerry Kill. Recently, Kill noted that Andre had enrolled in summer classes and the team was "optimistic" he'd be able to rejoin this fall.
McDonald is a big boost to a receiving corps that didn't return a single player with more than 375 yards from a year ago. As a true freshman, McDonald had 10 catches for 121 yards in 8 games.
More from The Daily Gopher:
- Minnesota Football 2013 Season Preview: The Turn
- Gopher Football 2013 Positional Preview: Running Back- Upgrade/Downgrade?
- Gopher Football 2013 Positional Preview Quarterback Upgrade-Downgrade?
- Minnesota Gophers Football: 2016 & 2017 Schedules feature 9-game Big Ten Schedule
- Minnesota Gopher Sports - Master Facilities Plan Unveiled
- EA Sports Keeps it Real in NCAA 14 with Maryland I