Good on you Gopher Football social media people, handing Brock Vereen a microphone and letting him go because he is a funny guy (seriously, follow him on Twitter folks - you won't be disappointed). I for one would like to see more episodes of the Brock Vereen Show and hope it becomes a recurring feature in the preseason. Before I hype it any further...
In chronological order, here are the things I love about this video:
-0:07: "I'm here with the man, Ra'Shede Hageman, who thinks he's cute." Setting the tone early. I LIKE IT!
- 0:10: "...the little bowling ball himself..." YAIS!
- 0:13: Coach Kill's entire wardrobe. The glasses, the suit, the tie...quality outfit all around.
- 0:29: Brock's reaction as Ra'Shede plays it cool.
- 0:45: "Chicago's a great city but it's not the Twin Cities, I will tell you that." THIS FLATTERY IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS AND GIVES ME AN INFLATED SENSE OF SELF WORTH SO FEEL FREE TO OFFER ME MORE.
- 1:00: Coach Kill's wise selection of the Cubs as the team he watched play when in Chicago. #SOUTHSIDESUX
- 1:09: "But again, the Twin Cities are the best." MORE EGO STROKING IS PLEASING TO ME.
- 1:20: Donnell is having none of Vereen's nonsense. Also, his face at the 1:28 mark.
- 1:42: "...since I was the oldest..." As someone who uses "I'm the tallest" as a reason for everything, I whole heartedly endorse what Shede is doing here.
1:45: "...it comes with two bathrooms. (PAUSE) Two bathrooms." The pause and lean maneuver really sells that line. Love it, especially how Brock loses it a little.