Yesterday kicked off the Big Ten Media Days. Lots of links around the interwebs on these important media events. So why do I have a picture of Nugget on the cover? Well it is 35 days until Gopher Football kicks off at TCF Bank Stadium on a Thursday night!
Nugget, much like Philip Nelson, started earning time as a true freshman about half way through the season. He saved his best performance for the bowl game where he rushed for 60 yards on 12 carries and had a touchdown. He should be fun to watch in 2013.
B1G Ten Media Days
- Matt from SBN's Land-Grant Holy Land was in attendance and had a nice wrap up of Day 1.
- Maize n Brew was in attendance as well and had several stories.
- Star Trib's live link of all stuff B1G Media Days.
- ESPN1500's Sandell with a story and vide of Kill's press conference.
- Gopher Sports has a timeline of the day for Coach Kill, Brock Vereen, RaShede Hageman, and Donnell Kirkwood.
- Zach Mottla officially ends his playing career, Marcus with a full story.
- Donovahn Jones and Chris Streveler could see time at receiver as well as QB this fall.
- Andre Hollins is balancing his academics and being a stud basketball player, this may require a full post.
- A couple of articles this week on Charles Buggs. Amelia talks about his weight gain and potential. MN Daily takes a similar angle focusing more on the muscle gain. Buggs has gained about 1 pound for ever 2 that Mo Walker has lost.
- Yahoo!'s The Dagger looks at Mo Walker and his remarkable weight loss. The front pic is pretty remarkable.
- 1500 ESPN looks at the Gopher offensive line.
- Doogie has a few Gopher Nuggets in his Scoops column.
- Rodney Williams and Trevor Mbakwe are playing the waiting game to see if they get any NBA camp invites.
- ZagsBlog looks at the high stakes for Pitino and staff with such a talented trio coming out of Minnesota.
- Down With Goldy looks at all of the Gopher basketball targets. I have a similar post planned but will probably just steal most of his material.
- (SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED) GopherIllustrated has a rundown of Gopher Basketball recruiting.
- Stay with me here...Woodbury's J.C. Hassenauer is the state's #3 player (according to Rivals), the #6 overall OC and has verbally committed to play football for Alabama. Recently the #1 OC has decommitted from Auburn and speculation is that the Alabama native may end up committing to Saban. Which means things may get crowded in Bama and maybe Hassenauer decides to pair with Connor Mayes to give the Gophers a feared interior offensive line. It is a long way till NSD.
- Gophers have finally offered Amir Coffey a scholarship. The son of Richard is a scoring wing who WILL look great in maroon and gold in a few years.