TO THE TWITTERS!
This Saturday we play at the bank to all the fans that will attend I would love you to chant KILL on third and fourth downs...RETWEET THIS— Donnell Kirkwood™ (@TonkaToy_20) September 12, 2013
The stadium only chants KILL when Minnesota defense is on the field— Donnell Kirkwood™ (@TonkaToy_20) September 12, 2013
A simple yet awesome plan.
Here is why I love this idea:
- It's not being force-fed by a marketing person. It's a grass-roots effort from a Gopher player!
- It's simple.
- Jerry Kill's last name is awesome and this celebrates that fact.
However, there are some potential snags:
- We have an older fanbase any many members of it don't know what Twitter is or how to use it. Thus, widespread knowledge of the plan could be a problem.
- The cadence of the chant is important for it to have maximum effect and large groups of Minnesotans often suck at rhythmic things done in unison.
- Someone somewhere will object to it because of the appearance that it promotes violence towards our opponent (or something along those lines). #funhatingsucks
Regardless, it is still an awesome idea and hats off to Donnell for suggesting it! I for one will join this Gopher fan in chanting it from afar this weekend:
@TonkaToy_20 I'm poor and stuck in Ohio, but where ever I go to watch from..... I'll chant, reaguardless of how many looks I get #SkiUmah— Brian Whan (@bee_whan) September 12, 2013