Tori Dixon continues to impress, as the senior middle blocker earned Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week Honors. Lets see what got the B1G's attention:
Dixon led the charge for the Gophers this past weekend at the Dartmouth Duels. Playing in three of the four matches, she had 40 kills and was named to her third all-tournament team. Dixon averaged 4.00 kills per set, hit .485 on the weekend, led the team with five aces, 13 blocks and established 26 digs as a six-rotation middle blocker. She had just seven errors in 68 attempts and gathered a team-best 53 points for Minnesota. On the season, the All-American leads the team in kills (166), kills per set (4.26), attack percentage (.471), aces (14), blocks (53) and blocks per set (1.36).
This is the 2nd DPOTW award and the 3rd total this season (Dixon was Player of the Week in Week 1). The Gopher volleyball team opens their B1G schedule this week as they host Indiana on Wednesday at The Pav. The match starts at 6pm and will be televised on the Big Ten Network (a great chance for those who haven't seen the Gophers play yet to see them in action!).
Hats off to you Tori! Congrats!
More from The Daily Gopher:
- The Daily Gopher Wants To Make a Difference for the Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota
- Minnesota Football: Mitch Leidner Earns Big Ten Freshman of the Week Honors
- Minnesota Football : Gophers Dominate on the Ground, Withstand the Arm of David Fales
- Minnesota Football: San Jose State and David Fales Visits Gophers at TCF Bank Stadium
- Golden Nugz 9.23.13- Day After the Day After a Gopher Football Victory