First of all, thank you to everyone who is thinking and praying and sending good thoughts to wherever you send good thoughts on behalf of Herky.
On to the nugz...
- Marcus gon' Marcus. He got his #QBGaze2013 and he's capitalizing on it. MOAR LEIDNER ARTICLES!!! Actually, I really liked this one. Mitch is starting to get his moxie on...
But Leidner said it wouldn't be smart to peg him as a running quarterback after one start -- no matter how spectacular it was on the ground.
"We do have a big passing arsenal in our offense," he said. "If we have to use it, we will."
Don't make him do it, HOGyes. Don't. Make. Him. Do. It.
- The boys of the backfield are having a good time fighting for carries, but you've got to believe Kirkwood is chompin' at the bit to get back and run over the B1G. We're not seeing any indication that he's going to be held back this week, so it will be interesting to see how Limey & Kill handle the 3-headed monster.
- I know we all want to let the Jerry Kill/seizure discussion die down for awhile, but here's an outside perspective.
Jerry Kill I think you now know your purpose. Look hard and long into your pain and at your bullies and critics. Use their venom to find your strength, use your voice, stand tall for all those who cannot do it on their own.
- Okay, it won't go away, but this one focuses on a larger theme: all of the adversity that theGophers have overcome on their way to a 4-0 start.
- Talk of Cobb's emergence, Mitch's probability, and lifting with the knees from the Minnesota Daily.
Vereen offered this advice to whoever will lift the Floyd of Rosedale on Saturday.
"You have to lift with your knees," he said.
- You'll want to read "How to be a Minnesota Gopher Football Fan." It's a fun read and instructive. Most importantly, pay attention to #8.
Hate Iowa. Hate is such a strong word. That's why we used it.
- The PiPress has a bit of a preview of the women's hockey team...
Lastly, I was working on mustering up some additional Iowa hate this morning so I searched YouTube for "hate Iowa." What I found is... well...