Light Pre-Preview Reading
Purdue vs. Minnesota - H&R Staff Picks
Date: Saturday, October 18th
Kickoff Time: 11 AM CT
Where: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
TV: Big Ten Network
Streaming Video: BTN2Go
Radio: KFAN (100.3 in the Twin Cities) and the Gopher Radio Network (Radio Affiliates).
Streaming Audio: Locate KFAN on IHeartRadio (or the IHeartRadio app for your mobile device)
Satellite Radio: SiriusXM 196; Sirius 119; XM 196
Spread: Minnesota by 13.5 - 14
For the tailgate:
For the postgame party:
Cool and sunny. Sounds like a perfect day for a football game!
Where Are They From? West Lafayette, IN...The Hoosier State
All Time Series: MN leads 34-32-3
Last Game: 44-28 win by Minnesota at home in 2012. Otherwise known as "The Sluggo Game" by...well, probably just me and Matt.
3-4, with closer than anticipated losses to Notre Dame, Iowa, and Michigan State.
Head Coach: Darrell Hazell (2nd season, 4-15 overall, 1-10 B1G)
Players to Watch:
1) Austin Appleby (QB - Sophmore): This is the guy Purdue fans seem to be crediting with their recent turnaround.
2) Akeem Hunt (RB - Senior): I just have a feeling he's going to have a better game then we'd like. #gutcalls
3) Well shoot, my plane is boarding. #3 is any defender capable of making an interception happen. I don't like you faceless defender and I want you to not be good at intercepting things tomorrow.
Keys to the Game:
- Make Purdue pay for stacking the box. Did I use this last week? Yes. Is it still extremely important? Yes, unless Purdue is content to let Cobb run all over them.
- No turnovers. The Gophers beat teams that aren't as good as they are when they don't turn the ball over. Period.
- Field position. I am 100% on board with a "pin them deep and let the D hold them off" win if that's what it comes to.
How Afraid Am I?
On a scale of 1 to 5 "Brewsters on his face" (1 being not a afraid, 5 being very afraid)?
2 Tim Brewsters.
I'm feeling good, what can I say?
Completely Worthless Prediction:
I think Purdue comes out hot, maybe even giving us a scare. But the Gophers assert themselves, take control, and the 4th quarter never feels in doubt even if the score is closer. Minnesota 24 - Purdue 14.