Tomorrow night's episode of BTN's "The Journey - Big Ten Football 2014" spends a day with Jerry Kill to learn more about how he overcame his health issues, he talks about his epilepsy fund and of course it covers the 51 Unanswered Game.
- Bakary Konate is going to have an impact on this season but before he gets big minutes he'll have to learn how to avoid fouls. The freshman fouled out in 13 minutes against UMD last week. Funny story, when I was a kid one of the last players on the bench of my high school's team got into the game that was a blowout. He managed to foul out of the game in 2:11, that has to be some sort of a record. The rest of his family, they were all wrestlers!
- Did you know that Richard Pitino is the son of Rick? Who knew? Kidding aside, this is a pretty good articlethat starts with Richard's early basketball memory of the epic 1992 Duke win over his father's Kentucky team.
- Busted Brackets predicts the Gophers finish 8th in the Big Ten, they have plenty of upside but questions needs to be answered from a host of newcomers.
- Some notes on Louisville basketball as we get ready for Friday night's matchup.
- Andy Katz gives you three storylines in the upcoming tilt with the Cardinals.
- ESPN's power rankings have the Gophers at #5, moving up after the 51 Unanswered game.
- SB Nation has the Gophers in a tier 3 bowl facing Florida in the Tax Slayer Bowl.
- ESPN with a look at some of the top teams in college football and how perception of previous losses is different now than originally thought.
- This is exactly what I want. Ohio State needs to focus on their playoff rankings and how deserving they are, rather than focusing on this week's opponent. I mean obviously the coaching staff and players will gameplan and prepare like they do every week, but it is really easy to lose a little focus and assume they'll win by showing up.
- Land Grant Holy War has a take on why Coach Kill doesn't belong in the Big Ten COY award discussion. I disagree but really I care nothing about who wins this award or why, I'd rather just win a couple more games.