TODAY WE HATE GRAVY OVER CHEESECURDS
That's right everyone. Today is the day that our nation avenges the disappointment of yesterday by stomping on our hat. I've had some people tell me they can't hate Canada because Canadians are too nice. Those people are wrong. Why?
What would Uncle Same do? HATE CANADA! The details:
When: 11 AM CST
In the spirit of this INTERNATIONAL BORDER BATTLE, I present the following GIFs for use in your online hoser hating:
And should things go poorly and Jeffrick becomes drunk on excitement, bourbon, or beer?
As before, please consider the Nugz your CANADA IS COLDER THAN AMERICA AND THEREFORE SUCKS SUPER BIG-TIME OLYMPIC HOCKEY OPEN THREAD.
The Rest Of The Links
- T.J. Oshie is a shootout stud. This we know. Have you ever wondered why? It's because he has no tendencies. He is a shootout cyborg. Also, this GIF:
- You were promised a Pitino GIF. Here is your Pitino GIF (there are even 2 versions!).
- In news that will surprise no one, the Gophers were the biggest NCAA bubble losers from the other night.
- The Gopher women are currently leading the B1G Swim and Diving Meet that is being held at the U:
The Gophers took a 47-point lead on Thursday night over Indiana in the Big Ten women’s swimming and diving meet at the University Aquatic Center.
Minnesota had 258 points after seven events, Indiana 211. Penn State was a distant third with 157. On the second day of the meet, which goes through Saturday, the two-time defending champion Gophers took second in three individual events and one relay.
- The hooptyball Gopher women took a bad loss to Purdue last night. Rachel Banham was only 1 of 17. That will do it.
- If you've been too focused on the Olympics, you might have missed the early testimony by Kain Colter as Northwestern FB players attempt to get certified as a union. Sippin' On Purple has some good coverage of what has happened thus far.
- The Mothership has a good longform piece about the dangers faced by amateur runners and cyclists (they illustrate some of the dangers/issues through the coverage of a sad death of a woman in northern NY). If you're starting to train this spring remember to always wear bright/reflective clothing if running at dusk/dark and always run towards traffic. We want to see you all at Goldy's Run in April.
- More Fallon? More Fallon.