This will be a shorter, slightly less SBN specific version of the post I did yesterday for Shede. For those who missed yesterday's analysis the premise is simple...I go looking for mock drafts too see what the conventional wisdom was about when Brock Vereen will be drafted and who might draft him.
- Since only a limited number of SB Nation blogs did mock drafts that went deep enough to offer Brock a chance to be picked I expanded by search to other networks and sites.
- Just like with Shede, I ignored community drafts.
|Blog||Team||Where They See Brock Going|
|Cincy Jungle||Cincinnati Bengals||5th Round - Cincinnati Bengals|
|Big Blue View||New York Giants||5th Round - New York Giants|
|Behind The Curtain||Pittsburgh Steelers||3rd Round - Minnesota Vikings|
|NFL.com (Bucky Brooks)||N/A||3rd Round - Minnesota Vikings|
|NFL.com Player Draft Profile
||N/A||3rd or 4th Round|
|Draftek.com||N/A||4th Round - Cincinnati Bengals|
|Fansided.com||N/A||3rd Round - Cleveland Browns|
|Bolt Beat (Fansided Team Blog)||San Diego Chargers||3rd Round - San Diego Chargers|
- I looked at two other SB Nation NFL Team Mock Drafts that went through Round 3. Neither one had Brock listed.
- Even with that caveat, 3rd or 4th round seems like the landing spot people see for Brock.
- I'm a terrible judge of safety talent and I couldn't tell you if Brock to Minnesota is good for either party. But I'll never be sad to have a Gopher player I love end up playing for the hometown NFL team.
- I'd also be excited to see him end up here in Cincy now that I live here.