So the status of Mitch Leidner is kind of the A-topic for Gopher Football this week.
Joe Christensen had this to say about Leidner's unlikely status for Saturday's game at TCU.
The good news for the Gophers is it's not a torn anterior cruciate ligament, an injury that already has ended the season for tight end Duke Anyanwu and defensive tackle Scott Ekpe.
The bad news is that Leidner could still be sidelined for multiple weeks, perhaps into the start of Big Ten play, depending on the injury's severity.
I'm sure we won't know if Mitch is playing or not until gametime on Saturday, my gut tells me we will see Streveler and the possibility of Leidner is really just Kill trying to be coy.
- Jarvis Johnson took an official visit this weekend. Gopher Illustrated has a lengthy recap of the visit (subscription required).
- Rittenberg wrote about the (The?) Big Ten struggles.
- TCU's Athletics website has all you need to know about Saturday's game.
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram has a nice article on how the series came together between TCU/Minnesota and about the relationship between Kill and Gary Patterson.
- Corn Nation's weekly power poll vaulted the Gophers up from 9th to 5th. Unsure how Nebraska stays at #3 but somebody has to be up there I guess.
- Black Shoe Diaries talks about the lifting of Penn State's bowl ban. (currently as close to 700 comments!)
- Maize n Brew has a GREAT piece about the
demolitiondefeat at the hands of Notre Dame. It's not an excuse...it's a FACT.
- Black Heart Gold Pants reports on Drew Ott, current Big Ten Defensive POTW, getting into a motorized scooter accident.
- Jalen Brunsen is a super-stud point guard out of the Chicago suburbs. He cut his list, cutting Michigan Stateand Purdue. He'll decide between Illinois and Villinova. I'll drink to him picking Nova!
- Hammer & Rails looks at Purdue's quarterback options.