So, I guess that's two weeks where I let the rest of the world beat me down before I got the preview up. Some quick thoughts about today?
- I don't think Nebraska fans are very happy with life, Mike Riley, or Husker football.
- I think the Gophers should win so we can laugh at them for freaking out about losing to Minnesota three years in a row. If this happens expect lots of "WE SHOULD NEVER LOSE TO MINNESOTA EVER MUCH LESS THREE TIMES IN A ROW TOM OSBORNE WOULD NEVER HAVE ALLOWED SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO HAPPEN EVER HE IS A DEITY AND DID I MENTION HOW MUCH I DISLIKE THIS REILLY FELLA HE REALLY ISN'T THAT GOOD OF A COACH FIRE EICHORST ARGHHHHHHHHH!"
- Seriously, it will be just like that. I want to see that.
The gnomes are certain of one thing. Nebraska fans have lost that loving feeling.
And if they lose to Minnesota?
GOOSE NEBRASKA FOOTBALL! OH GOD NO!
Kickoff Time: 2:30 PM CST
Where: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
Streaming Video: Watch ESPN
Radio: KFAN (100.3 in the Twin Cities) and the Gopher Radio Network (Radio Affiliates).
Streaming Audio: Locate KFAN on IHeartRadio.com (or the IHeartRadio app for your mobile device)
Satellite Radio: SiriusXM 196; Sirius 136; XM196
Spread: Minnesota by 2 to 3, depending on the site.
Over/Under: 47 to 49, depending on the site
Bill C's S&P+ Pick
|Proj. Winner||Proj. Margin||Win Prob.||Pick
|Nebraska at Minnesota||-2
Keep it up Bill C you crazy wizard you.
A touch chilly, but otherwise excellent football weather.
In other words, expect more of this:
Gorgeous night in the TC. pic.twitter.com/hIeRb30cHt— Chris H. (@GoAUpher) October 17, 2015
Where Are They From? A magical land full of cheap bourbon, good beer, friendly people, and grilled wings. Oh, and this thing...
All Time Series: Despite horrible things since 1960 though 2013, Minnesota leads the all time series 31-22-2.
Last Season: Minnesota won 28-24. It was glorious. It led to this:
Broken Chair status: Not yet official, but it should be. Also, safe & sound according to the guy who should know.
2015 To Date: 2-4, 0-2 B1G. I seem to recall them firing Bo Pelini for this.
Head Coach: Mike Riley, 1st season. He's the man with the laughable record we just talked about. Here he is during happier times.
Players To Watch: I'm skipping this. I'm sorry (again). Enjoy the following funny posts about the times Mike Riley met the spirit of Bo Pelini while it was trapped in a cardboard box in his office at Nebraska.
Yes, I know that sounds weird.
Trust me, you want to read these.
Keys to the Game
- Keep forcing turnovers: YOU SAW WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK MINNESOTA, PLEASE CONTINUE TO GIVE JALEN MYRICK THE CHANCE TO DO FUN PICK SIX CELEBRATIONS.
- Set up the pass, execute the pass: Offensive line? Do your job and give Mitch time. Limey? Call a good game and put Mitch in a position to succeed. Mitch? Don't fuck it up when everyone else puts you in a good spot.
- CHAIR: Nuff said.
How Afraid Am I?
For those who don't know, this is a bit where I rank my fear by saying how many Tim Brewsters I am afraid of the opponent. The more Tim Brewsters I list, the more afraid I am...because the memory of Timmy Brew is scary for all Gophers fans. Typically this is done on a scale of 1 to 5 "Brewsters on his face" in the Metrodome, though I mix it up as needed.
I'm 2.5 Brewsters face down in the Metrodome afraid of Nebraska.
Minnesota can totally win this game. Minnesota can totally lose this game.
Completely Worthless Prediction
Minnesota wins because dammit I flew up here and Gopher Hockey can't be counted on to pick up my spirits tonight.
Minnesota 23 - Nebraska 16 (don't ask, that number felt right)
Make Your Own Prediction