The University of Minnesota has released the depth chart for their Halloween Night game against Michigan:
So lets take a look at some of the notable players added or missing:
- The Gophers offensive line will still be missing several key players. Josh Campion is one again out against the Wolverines. After some discussion that Brian Bobek could return on Saturday, he also is once again listed as out, meaning true freshman Tyler Moore will once again get the start at center. The rest of the 2-deeps looks as it did before the bye week.
- The Gophers will once again be missing two receivers who they expected to be playing a lot early in the season. Isaiah Gentry once again will be missing for the Gophers. Additionally, Jeff Jones is also listed as out once again. The rest of the Gopher receiving corps and running backs seems to be healthy and ready to play Saturday
- The Gophers appear they may get a boost at tight end. Not only is Brandon Lingen listed as healthy and starting, but Duke Anyanwu is listed as probable and may make his season debut. he does not appear on any of the two-deeps, but could see action on special teams as he tries to work his way back into some playing time as the season winds down.
- The Gophers defensive line appears to have gotten slightly healthier during the bye week. The only Gopher DL member on the injury list is Scott Ekpe who is listed as questionable. He also is still listed as a starter at defensive tackle, so hopefully that means he will play. Alex Keith who missed the Nebraska game after breaking his hand in warmups is not listed on the injury report and is backing up Therien Cockran at defensive end. Cockran also got hurt in the Nebraska game and was questionable a week ago, but appears to be healthy and good to go.
- The Gopher linebackers appear to be mainly healthy. Cody Poock is not listed in the injury report, but is listed as backing up Jack Lynn. If Poock can play, that will be a huge boost for a Gopher LB corp that got ravaged against the Cornhuskers. De' Vondre Campbell is also listed as a starter after non playing much against Nebraska after missing practice for the birth of his child.
- The Gopher secondary gets some help back, but still is a shell of what it once was. Damaris Travis is now listed as out for the season as Jerry Kill stated last week. Additionally Ace Rogers is also done for the year. Craig James will miss another game with the broken bone in his leg as well. However, the Gophers will get Briean Boddy-Calhoun back hopefully at near 100%. He is listed as the starter opposite Eric Murray with Jalen Myrick sliding back to the nickle corner spot.
- The only special teams injury the Gophers still have is James. That means we will see KJ Maye or Kiante Hardin back returning punts on Saturday.