Per a release from the Big Ten*, Minnesota Gophers freshman Carlie Wagner has been named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week! A career performance against Michigan State certainly helped earn her the award, but her numbers against Illinois last week were nothing to sneeze at either.
- Averaged 22.0 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.5 steals against Illinois and Michigan State
- Tallied 19 points and dished out two assists against the Fighting Illini
- Recorded a career-high 25 points, including five three-pointers, while dishing out three assists and grabbing three steals against the Spartans
- Earns her first Big Ten Freshman of Week Award
- Last Minnesota Freshman of the Week: Amanda Zahui B. (March 3, 2014)
Carlie was expected to make an impact as a freshman and she has lived up to the hype. Minnesota fans have many more years of great performances to look forward to.
HATS OFF to Carlie!
*NOTE: Dear Big Ten, Carlie is from New Richland, MN not Cincinnati, OH (the release listed Cincy as her hometown).