Very little is actually happening but surprisingly there are plenty of decent Gopher related links out there. NFL Draft is coming up, Spring Game is just finishing, baseball and more...
I'll lead with Jonah Pirsig perhaps embarking on a career of being the largest Kindergarten teacher in the world. It sort of brings to mind images of Arnold Schwarzenegger..."It's not a tumor!"
Though most of the kids barely reach his knees, he says they're not intimidated by him. Turns out they're more interested in his long hair than his size.
"They actually say more about my hair than they do my height," he said. "I was worried they'd be a little scared [of my height] but the first day, a bunch of kids came up to me wanting me to read to them, so it was a good feeling."
Good time of year for human interest stories to better know a Gopher.
- FSN has Five Takeaways from the Spring Game.
- SBN Mock Draft has Maxx Williams going later in the second round to Baltimore. With three picks earlier than the Ravens, I find it hard to believe that New Orleans (or another team) wouldn't snag Williams before this pick.
- Want to start your Football season opponent prep early? The mothership has an early look at Colorado State, this could be a sneaky (maybe not so sneaky) non-conference opponent.
- Former Gopher Mike Reilly has been named to the US Men's National Team. His coach on the US squad will also be a former Gopher, Todd Richards.
- Tyus Jones has used his Final Four performance to increase his draft stock and has decided to turn pro after one year at Duke.
- OTE looks back at Gopher Basketball's disappointing season.
- Gopher Baseball has been struggling but managed to score 13 runs on NDSU in a mid-week win.
- The Gophers are hosting Michigan NEXT weekend (Apr 24-26) and has designated this weekend to be Strike Our Cancer Weekend at Siebert Field. Video below gives more information.