Tonight's the night! The NFL Draft kicks off this evening with the 1st round selections. From a Minnesota Gophers perspective it will probably be a quiet evening. Maxx Williams is forecast to go in the 2nd round, though there are some optimistic TDG staffers who see him slipping into the tail end of the 1st. No other Gopher will be anywhere near the podium for the 1st round so it's Maxx or bust for Gopher football excitement this evening.
Friday brings us coverage of the 2nd and 3rd rounds. This is when we should expect to see Maxx go off the board. That should be it for Minnesota excitement on Friday unless there is a team that is really high on David Cobb. Saturday is when Minnesota fans will see the most action, as David Cobb is expected to go in the 4th or 5th round. The TDG staff is also confident that we'll see Damien Wilson and Cedric Thompson selected on Saturday.
What are some things to watch for besides where the draft eligible Gophers end up?
- What team will risk the Badger running back curse to select Melvin Gordon?
- Will Tampa select Jameis, thereby allowing him the chance to find a Publix hookup in a new Florida city?
- Who will be the first offensive lineman most people never heard of to go off the board.
- What NFL team will finally recognize the talent of Antonio Thompson?
- Is this the year Mel Kiper's demon hair rises from his head to terrorize Chris Berman?
How to Watch the 2015 NFL Draft
Round 1: Thursday, April 30, 7 pm CT
Rounds 2-3: Friday, May 1, 6 pm CT
Rounds 4-7: Saturday, May 2, 11 am CT
TV: You have two options. ESPN or the blissfully Chris Berman free coverage provided by NFL Network.