I will first go over Goldy's Run and then cover the Spring Game and other related activities. It's supposed to be a gorgeous day with The Weather Channel predicting a high of 68 F and no chance of rain.
What: Goldy's Run
- 6:30 AM - Arrive For Goldy's Run
- 8:00 AM - Goldy's Run: 10 Mile Run & 10 Mile Relay Run Start
- 8:10 AM - 5K Run & Walk Start
- 10:30 AM - Goldy's Gallop Kid's Run Start
What: The 2015 Gopher Alumni Flag Football Game and 2015 Gopher Football Spring Game
How to Watch/Listen:
- #1 In Person - Its free.
- #2 - BTN/BTN-2-Go...at your own risk. Anthony LaPanta will be doing PBP
- #3 - 100.3 KFAN or http://www.kfan.com/ (Radio broadcast will be delayed until 6:00 due to WILD Hockey on KFAN)
- 12:00 PM - Maroon, Gold, Ski-U-Mah and Victory lots open for tailgating
- 1:00 PM - Doors open to TCF Bank Stadium
- 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM - Free tailgate at Mariucci Arena (free food and games for the first 200 fans). Attendees will have the opportunity to work alongside Minnesota student athletes to assemble activity packs for patients at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital. The event is presented by St. Jude Medical Foundation.
- 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM - Gopher Football alumni flag football game
- 3:00 PM - Gophers take field for Spring Game
- 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM (approximately) - Player autographs on the field
Also, if you are going to be down on campus, stop into Stub and 'Herbs and hear our own MV along with other Gopher Football bloggers/media members talking about the Gophers in conjunction with the Goal Line Club
Please note that Gopherhole.com will be having their 4th Annual GopherHole Spring Game Tailgate for The Leukemia Lymphoma Society. It starts at noon in the Maroon lot (plus parking if you park there) and costs $25/person or $5/kids if you prepay by the end of today. Find out more here.
If you can make it, I suggest you make the effort. I've actually really enjoyed the Alumni game the last two years. They do a funny play-by-play over the speakers and interview some of the alumni. Come on out and spend some time cheering on the Gophers, getting your last fix of football before summer, and get to know you fellow Gopher fans. It's fun for the whole family.